Feedback from our customers has been a critical component in the design of the revitalized Stanley A. Milner Library. There will be more space for the services our customers need and want, including:
- A children’s library that is more than three times the current space with hands-on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) activities like coding, robotics and digital creation, an indoor play area, and more great resources to take out and enjoy.
- A much larger Makerspace, allowing more opportunities for creating with leading-edge and emerging technologies such as 3D printing, sound and video production, and robotics, as well as new opportunities for fabrication.
- New spaces for creative activities like music and art.
- An additional 4,000 square feet of private study spaces and quiet reading areas, including over 1,000 square feet overlooking Churchill Square.
- Over 2,500 square feet of added community meeting space, which will include a board room to support the growing need for collaboration and accessible meeting space.
- A high-tech theatre supporting renowned guest speakers and performances, with easy access to the LRT and Churchill Square.
- A multi-story interactive simulation wall, facilitating hands-on, interactive learning as well as large-scale multimedia presentations.
Read more about our plans for the revitalized Stanley A. Milner Library.
Read how city architect Carol Belanger describes the vision for the revitalized Stanley A. Milner Library.