Our What We Heard reportopens a new window captures everything Edmontonians told us they wanted in a new Stanley A. Milner Library, while our Make It Possible reportopens a new window touches on plans customers are definitely excited about.
We also had this 3D walk-through created to showcase the new atrium space.
There will be more space for the services our customers need and want in the new Milner Library, including:
- A children’s library more than three times the current space with hands-on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) activities like coding, robotics and digital creation, as well as an indoor play area, and more great resources to take out and enjoy.
- A much larger Makerspace, allowing more opportunities for creating with leading-edge and emerging technologies such as 3D printing, sound and video production, and robotics, as well as new opportunities for fabrication.
- New spaces for creative activities like music and art.
- An additional 4,000 square feet of private study spaces and quiet reading areas, including over 1,000 square feet overlooking Churchill Square.
- Over 2,500 square feet of added community meeting space, which will include a boardroom to support the growing need for collaboration and accessible meeting space.
- A high-tech theatre supporting renowned guest speakers and performances, with easy access to the LRT and Churchill Square.
- A multi-storey interactive simulation wall, facilitating hands-on, interactive learning as well as large-scale multimedia presentations.