Revitalized Milner Spaces
When we think of the revitalized Stanley A. Milner Library a few words come to mind: Renewed. Reinvented. Reimagined.
We've done just that with all of our customer spaces by making them brighter and more functional for you! We literally mean brighter as we've added 648 windows. Now, you'll be able to enjoy looking out onto Sir Winston Churchill Square from our window seating on the second floor. It's one of many comfy spot perfect for getting lost in a book.
The Civic Corner contains a mix of group and individual seating and workspaces. It is a relaxed and comfortable space for working, reading, and socializing with a spectacular view north to City Hall and Churchill Square.
- Comfortable group and individual seating
- Magazine collection
- Accessible via elevators or from the 2nd floor via 360-degree floating pathway
- Public computers (12)
- Electrical outlets
There are several laptop bars on the second and third floors of the revitalized Milner, including one in the Makerspace. These are open and accessible places where customers can sit (or stand), work, and charge their own devices.
- USB and electrical outlets for charging devices
- Barstool seating
- Space for solo or group work
- Free WiFi
The second floor reading room is an island of serenity in the downtown core. It is equipped with comfortable seating and work tables, a community gallery wall, and beautiful views east and north onto Churchill Square.
- Quiet reading, study, and contemplation
- Work tables with USB and electrical charging
- Comfortable lounge seating
- Community art gallery wall