Interlibrary Loans (ILL) are the way library materials are made available from one library system to another.
If the Edmonton Public Library doesn’t own an item that you’d like to borrow, our Interlibrary Loan Department will try to get a copy sent from another library system within Alberta or Canada.
Through Interlibrary Loans, you can borrow the following items (with some restrictions):
- Books (typically not titles published during the current year)
- CDs (from Alberta libraries only)
- DVDs and Blu-Rays (from Alberta libraries only)
- Videogames (from Alberta libraries only)
- Photocopies of specific magazine articles or newspaper articles
- Photocopies of specific pages or sections from city directories (such as phone books, Henderson’s Directories, etc.)
- Microfilm/Microfiche (may only be viewed at our Whitemud Crossing Branch)
Please note: in the case of photocopied items, the customer may keep the photocopies.