Interlibrary Loans (ILL) are the way library materials are made available from one library system to another.
If the Edmonton Public Library doesn’t own an item that you’d like to borrow, our Interlibrary Loan Department will try to get a copy sent from another library system within Alberta or Canada.
- Interlibrary loans (ILL) can take 4-6 weeks to arrive.
- Check the EPL catalogue first. If EPL does not have the item, try searching TALOnline.
- We do not request items published/released within the current year. Customers can suggest new items to be added to EPL’s collection here.
- EPL customers may have only 5 active interlibrary loan requests at one time.
- The loan period for an interlibrary loan is 3 weeks.
- Interlibrary loan books* may be renewed 1 time if the owning library allows renewals.
- *Audio-visual (AV) items (e.g., CDs and DVDs) are not renewable.
- Fees for interlibrary loan items:
- Overdue fees for ILL items are $1.00/day
- A $90.00 fee will be added to the customer’s account for Lost or Damaged ILL items.
- Customers must have fewer than 50 holds and no fees exceeding $10.00.
- Please avoid submitting duplicate requests. Contact ILL staff if you would like an update on the status of your request.