We bind and print books, too. Whether it’s your latest masterpiece, memoirs or your mother’s cherished recipes, our Espresso Book Machine can handle it.
How do I submit my book to be printed?
- If you'd still like to work on getting your book files ready to print with the Espresso Book Machine, please review the Are You Ready to Printopens a new window checklist.
- Have questions? Need help? Let us know. Visit the Makerspace or contact staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-944-5342.
Is there a charge for using the Espresso Book Machine?
- For each book, we charge $5 for the bind and $0.05 per page.
- As an example, a single 200 page book costs a total of $15.00 ($5 for binding + $10 for the book pages, or 200 pages at $0.05/each).
- When you are ordering more than one copy, we require you to pay for and review a proof copy. Once you approve your proof copy, we will produce the remaining copies you've requested.
Please contact the Makerspace if you'd like to get a quote.
Are there discounts for multiple prints?
Our Espresso Book Machine is for printing small quantities, so we don’t offer volume discounts.
What’s the turnaround time for printing a book?
The book printing service is temporarily offline for maintenance in December 2018 - January 2019. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Otherwise, we request at least a week to print a proof copy of the book for your approval. After that, it takes an additional week to print the remaining copies.
Can you print in colour?
Covers can be printed in colour on matte cardstock. The interior pages of the book, however, are printed in greyscale.
- Glossy cover stock isn't currently available due to a supply issue.
What do I need to print my own book?
Here are some helpful documents to check out when you’re getting ready to print: