With the opening of the revitalized Stanley A. Milner Makerspace, we are so happy to finally share the new and exciting instruments and studio equipment that will be available for you to use when you book one of the revitalized Recording Studios. This series of blog posts will highlight some the latest additions to the Makerspace Audio Production family, but make sure to come visit us soon so you can experience all the instruments and equipment that make up this fabulous set up.
Beautiful New Guitars
Our collection features many different types of guitar, including acoustic guitars (for both left and right-handed players), electric guitars (for both left and right-handed players), bass guitars and classical guitars. We’ve also expanded the collection to include two child-sized guitars, one acoustic and one electric.
The Les Paul Standard Pro Electric Guitar
This gorgeous blue solid body Les Paul features a solid mahogany body with a AAA flame maple veneer top that delivers that classic Les Paul tone and sustain. It also includes:
- 14 degree angled headstock for longer sustain
- Rosewood fingerboard with pearloid trapezoid inlays and 22 medium-jumbo frets
- ProBucker pickups featuring Alnico II magnets for a warm rich tone
- Neck and bridge pickup feature coil-tapping controlled by push/pull volume control giving an infinite variety of pickup tones
Martin Guitars LX1RE Little Martin Acoustic/Electric Guitar
This beautiful Little Martin is a 3/4 sized guitar, ideal for students, children and anyone who prefers a smaller bodied instrument. It features a solid Sitka Spruce top for warmth and projection, comes equipped with Fishman Sonitone electronics, and is the first model in its series with a pick guard.
Come experience its warmth and intonation!
Yamaha 500 Series Bass Guitar
The manufacturer's name for the colour of this bass is “Translucent White”; however, here in the Makerspace we’ve dubbed it "Bone White." The smooth satin finish gives it an eerie supernatural vibe that we love.
- A sculpted solid mahogany body with a 3D design for optimum balance between tone, comfort and perfect weight distribution
- 5-pc maple/mahogany laminated neck for amazing stability and tone
- H5 pickups with clean, open tone and the flexibility of the active/passive preamp design
Mini Strat V2
This flashy red 3/4 size electric guitar is ready for customers with smaller hands to come and rock out!
- A thinner body and slimmer neck with a 20-fret fingerboard for easy playability
- Three single-coil Stratocaster pickups and five-way switching for classic Fender tones
- Vintage-style hardtail Stratocaster bridge
We hope to see you pop in for a Recording Studio Booking soon. Call, email or drop by and the Makerspace staff will guide you through the quick and simple Studio Certification process. Once you're certified, you can book the studio and get playing!