EPL's Gamerspace is a fun, welcoming space for any customer interested in gaming. The space is truly one-of-a-kind, not only in Edmonton, but in the global library community. It's filled with high-quality equipment across multiple gaming platforms with a wide selection of games. Novice and expert gamers alike will appreciate the multiple platforms and a combination of self-serve and staff-mediated bookings.
Gamerspace Temporarily Closed
We are currently rebooting the Gamerspace. The space is temporarily closed until we finish upgrading. Please check back later.
- 10 Gaming PC stations, each with 32” curved monitors, height-adjustable gaming desks and comfy gaming chairs.
- 3 Console stations spread out around the room:
- 1 Xbox One S gaming station with a 49” TV
- 1 Sony Playstation 4 gaming station with a 49” TV
- 1 Nintendo Switch gaming station with a massive, 98” TV
- 2 Retro Arcade Cabinets—featuring 5000+ games!
Not interested in gaming, but want to watch? There will be plenty of seating and viewing options for you to peek in on all the action!
In addition to great gaming access, EPL's Gamerspace will also host special events throughout the year, such as:
- Streaming professional eSports tournaments
- In-room gaming tournaments and challenges
- Streaming popular Twitch players
- Presentations from local gaming experts
Frequently Asked Questions
Gamerspace - FAQs
Anyone! Gamers of all ages and backgrounds are more than welcome to join in on the fun. Some games will be self-serve and require no library card, like the arcade cabinets. Others will be self-serve and require a library card, like the PC gaming stations. Console stations are available for all, but you will need to show your library card to staff in the space to have access to a controller. Book a timeslot in the Gamerspace by calling us at 780.944.0856 or stop by and visit the Gamerspace on the second floor of the Stanley A. Milner Library.
Game selection will be ever-evolving depending on the platform:
- PCs will have access to Steam Café, EPIC Games, League of Legends, Fortnite and Roblox, to name a few. Customers will be able to login to their personal, online accounts for some titles. New titles will be continually added.
- Console stations will have curated titles from multiple genres, including the latest family, sports and adventure titles.
Games with the Mature (M) rating are not allowed on the consoles within this space.