Everything you Need to Know About Libby by OverDrive
Do you love Libby? Because we sure do! Libby by OverDrive is a free, magical app, filled with all kinds of eBooks and eAudiobooks and magazines. You can borrow titles from OverDrive, place holds, make wish lists, track your reading journey, add tags and organize and sort your history. You can do SO MANY THINGS!
Saying Goodbye to the OverDrive App
Libby is replacing the OverDrive app. Our friends at OverDrive believe that Libby provides the best reading experience. That’s why by the end of 2022, their goal is to have most users moved over to Libby and they plan to fully discontinue the legacy OverDrive app in early 2023. But don’t worry, we have everything you need to know about Libby right here!
Getting Started in Five Minutes or Less
Here’s how you can get started with Libby in five minutes or less!
- On your mobile device, go to the Apple App store or Google Play store to download Libby or visit the desktop Libby app.
- Search for Edmonton Public Library in the list of libraries, and sign in with your library card and PIN .
- Start browsing! Pick a title and tap Borrow to start reading.
Whether this is your first time using Libby, or you’re already besties, you’ll love learning about these awesome features:
- Use tags to organize your titles, e.g., “Book Club” or “To Read”
- Use Notify Me smart tags on magazines to get notifications when new issues come out
- Allow push notifications to your mobile device so you never miss a hold
- Use the Deliver Later feature on a hold that’s ready for you, but you aren’t quite ready for it yet
- Read a title using a screen reader, turn on dyslexic font, use night mode and learn about a number of other accessibility features available in Libby
There are lots of resources available to help you on your Libby journey. Watch this video from OverDrive to learn the basics, like how to navigate the app, borrow titles and start reading.
You can also read through these FAQs from OverDrive about Libby to learn more, or visit the EPL FAQ page about OverDrive. Libby also has its own Help website, where you can find instructions on every feature available in Libby!