As you know, the Edmonton Public Library (EPL) has been closely monitoring the developments related to COVID-19. This is a constantly evolving situation and we continue to work collaboratively with City and health officials to ensure EPL practices reflect new information as it is available.
After consultations with the City of Edmonton and Alberta Health Services, all 21 EPL branches are closed indefinitely as of Saturday, March 14 at 6 p.m.
The health of our staff and customers is of utmost priority as we work to limit the spread of COVID-19. We recommend you keep informed with reliable sources. Alberta Health Services has introduced a self-assessment tool to help you determine whether you should be tested for COVID-19. It’s online here.
Keep Yourself and Community Healthy
- Practise physical distancing. Try to keep an optimal six feet away from other people.
- Wash your hands frequently or use hand sanitizer that is a minimum 60-90% alcohol.
- Cough into a tissue or your elbow. Discard the tissue immediately.
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
- If you are feeling unwell, please stay home and take care of yourself.
During this temporary closure, we are taking several steps to ensure library services remain available:
- If you have materials currently on loan, you can still return them. Our materials return chutes will remain available while we’re closed.
- Customer support and information services will continue to be available during regular hours of operation. You can reach EPL Staff by phone at 780-496-7000, by text at 587-817-0337, by email or chat.
- Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
EPL from Home
- EPL provides incredible resources you can use while you are at home. We encourage you to use EPL’s digital library which includes eBooks, eAudiobooks, streaming movies, eMagazines and online classes.
- If you don’t have a library card, register for one online for immediate access to our digital library.
Thank you for your support, understanding and patience during this difficult time as we work together to ensure the well-being of all Edmontonians, and mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
Chief Executive Officer
Edmonton Public Library