Alberta Open Data Summit
EPL hosted the inaugural Alberta Open Data Summit on October 14 & 15, 2016. You can view some of the presentations from this successful event on the Alberta Open Data Summit website.
Edmonton Public Library's Statement on Open Data
Edmonton Public Library's mission is "we share." In our Shared Values document, we assert our public role as a champion of ideas, community activators, knowledge seekers, and open to all. True to our mission and values, EPL declares our support for the open data movement and recognizes the principles of the G8 Charter on Open Data.
By recognizing the Charter, EPL accepts our responsibility as a public institution to work towards sharing all of our data by default, while recognising that there are legitimate reasons why some data cannot be released. Following the charter, the data we release will be:
- high-quality, timely, comprehensive and accurate;
- provided in plain clear language with thorough metadata, and
- available in formats readable by both machines and people.
Additionally, we accept responsibility for sharing our technical expertise and experience with other organizations, documenting our open data standards and publishing practices online in the interest of transparency, working to increase open data literacy and encouraging citizens to unlock the value of open data.
EPL is hosting the inaugural Alberta Open Data Summit Oct 14-15, 2016.
Access EPL's Open Data
- EPL Branches Form -- limit by branch and xml/csv format
- EPL Branches File -- all branches, xml format
- EPL Branches File -- all branches, csv format
- EPL Branches API -- Help
- Connect to our Z39.50 catalogue:
- Domain Name: eplapp.library.ualberta.ca
- Port: 2200
- Database Name: Unicorn
- Z3950 Record Syntax: USMARC