EPL's Welcome Baby program has expanded. Our partnership with Alberta Health Services allows us to deliver our award-winning programs and services for babies and preschoolers outside the walls of the library and in the community through public health clinics as part of the two-month immunization process.
A library card, books and story times are a gateway to a love and life of reading. Every child in Edmonton deserves access to literacy resources essential to success in school and life.
As a kit preparation volunteer, you will help bundle Welcome Baby kits, which include a cd, board book and flyers on early literacy.
- Prepare individual Welcome Baby kits by placing items in bags.
- Package kits in boxes to be delivered to Public Health Centres.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs and be on your feet for the majority of the shift.
- Attention to detail in kit preparation.
- Enjoy working independently and in a team environment.
- 10550 105 Street NW (near the MacEwan LRT Station). Free parking.
- Minimum two shifts every month.
- Shifts are 2 hours long.
- Shifts are every Wednesday from 10-12 p.m.
- On site orientation before starting volunteer work.
Benefits to the Volunteer
- Supporting vital early literacy skills which will impact infants’ long-term health and success.