Summer Reading Bingo
Complete a row in any direction, then bring your sheet to an EPL branch to pick up a temporary tattoo (while supplies last).
Can't get your hands on the exact title? Read a different book by the same author and it will count towards your prize!
Check out this great pre-recorded content that you can access anytime.
August 26: Wild Science
August 21: Weather Fun
August 14: Mission to Mars
August 12: Let's Create Shadow Puppets
July 31: Codebreakers
July 29: Random Album Cover Generator
July 24: Balloon Derby
July 8: Upcycled Art
July 3: Superhero Academy
July 1: Canada Day
Canada Day - Booklist
June 29: Magic of Music (Preschoolers)
June 26: Shadow Puppet Folktales (All ages)
Summer Starts - FAQs
You can pick up your registration package at an EPL location. The registration package includes:
- A sticker sheet
- An activity booklet from the TD Summer Reading Club
- A list of recommended reads
- Reading log to track your reading minutes
- A fortuneteller activity
This year, we have several prizes you can win:
- To get a pre-made keychain (while supplies last): Read six hours and bring your completed reading log to an EPL location. For each additional six hours you read, you get another keychain!
- To enter to win a grand prize: Read six hours and bring your completed reading log to an EPL location. Every six hours means another chance to win!
- To enter to win the weekly book prize: Find Octopus Prime hiding out at one of our branches and enter your name in the branch ballot box.
You can receive an Octopus Prime temporary tattoo (while supplies last) when you finish a row on our reading bingo sheet. Pick up the reading bingo sheet at any EPL branch or download it here.
Important: This year the prize ballots are attached to your reading log. When you’ve found Octopus Prime or read for six hours, let us know. Then you fill out the appropriate ballot and drop it into a ballot box. Don’t worry, we’ll give you another reading to fill out for more chances to win! Can't visit a branch? Submit your time online. For every six hours you read, you'll be entered into the grand prize draw.
Summer Starts at EPL has amazing prizes this year! Here's what you can win:
One of five grand prizes: Nintendo Switch Lite, penguin meet and greet at West Edmonton Mall, Samsung tablet, scooter and an art table with art supplies
- How to win? Read for six hours. Every six hours means another entry into the draw.
A weekly book prize (one per branch)
- How to win? Every week, find the mascot at an EPL branch and you'll get one entry into the draw!
An Octopus Prime temporary tattoo (while supplies last)
- How to win? Finish reading a row of books on our bingo sheet, available for pickup at an EPL branch or download it online.
A pre-made keychain (while supplies last)
- How to win? Read for six hours. Every six hours means another keychain (while supplies last).
- One of five grand prizes: Nintendo Switch Lite, penguin meet and greet at West Edmonton Mall, Samsung tablet, scooter and an art table with art supplies
All classes and events will be online, and we will have an event running every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at 2 pm throughout the summer. This year we've got an amazing line-up that includes live acrobatics with Firefly Theatre, a custom-made Marty Chan mystery event, Sheldon Casavant’s magic show, hoop dancing with Notorious Cree, a live escape room with Yukon Jack, and more!
Most of our classes and events use the CrowdCast platform. To register for an event, you can sign up for a free Crowdcast account in. If you have any questions, please contact us – we're happy to help!
Sign up for an event here.
Due to the uncertainty related to the global pandemic, we aren’t able to offer in-person classes or events for Summer Starts at EPL 2021. However, there will be lots to do and see online and outside our branches, including storywalks at select EPL locations. We look forward to seeing you when you visit us to pick up your registration package and participate in the Find the Mascot contest.
Have a Question?
Fill out a form or chat directly with staff.