- There are no opportunities at this time.
NOTE: Time commitment is approximately 30mins to 1hr every 2 weeks on a regular time and date. You will need your own vehicle and be available Monday to Friday between 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Mileage is not compensated. Commitment to this role, for a minimum of one year, is desired.
Welcome Baby is an expansion of our partnership with Alberta Health Services to deliver our award-winning programs and services for babies and preschoolers beyond the walls of the library and in the community, through public health clinics and neonatal hospital units as part of the two-month immunization process for newborns.
A library card, books and story times are a gateway to a love and life of reading. Every child in Edmonton deserves access to literacy resources essential to success in school and life.
As a Kit Delivery Volunteer, you’ll use your own vehicle to transport Welcome Baby kits from an EPL branch to the Twin Brooks Health Centre and return empty kits back to the library branch.
- Deliver Welcome Baby kits to the Public Health Centres and Neonatal Units at select Hospitals in the Edmonton region during opening hours.
- Return empty bins to the library Branch.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Enjoy working independently and in a team environment.
- Vehicle able to transport Welcome Baby Packages is required.
- Communicate promptly and effectively in a friendly manner.
- To the Twin Brooks Health Centre from Whitemud Crossing Library.
- Inside in library and health care spaces.
- Outside, driving required.
- Required to lift materials up to 25 lbs.
- Deliveries will be made every two weeks on a regular day and time that is convenient for the volunteer.
- Must deliver when the Health care centers are open Monday to Friday 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Minimum one year commitment required.
- On site orientation prior to start of volunteer work.
Benefits to the Volunteer
- Supporting vital early literacy skills impacting infant's long-term health and success.
- Earn Book Bucks and receive free books at EPL Book Sales.