Why get an EPL membership? Because it’s all about you. Your chance to find, experience and enjoy amazing stuff.
Get a Library Card
What will a FREE library card get you? A chance to enjoy instant, endless fun!
We’re Edmonton’s largest lender of information and entertainment. Borrow materials available online or at any of our branches.
- We’re more than books. Access over 14 million physical and digital items like movies, music and magazines.
- Attend classes and events such as English Language learning or Films at the Library.
- Keep learning with over 3,100 business software and technology courses on LinkedIn Learning.
- Get creative with our 3D printer, sound recording studios and more! Find a Makerspace location.
Incredible content, amazing services and superb events. At EPL, you'll also get expert, personal service that you won’t find anywhere else. Your EPL card is one card to rule them all.
Keep the Edmonton Public Library in your pocket! EPL Mobile makes it easy to discover titles, classes and events; manage your EPL account; check branch hours; and more.
For Android Phones and Tablets
Download the latest Android version of the EPL Mobile App from Google Play.
Discover more apps
Apps are available for lots of the digital content we offer. Keep an eye out for links to Apple, Android and Amazon apps on the A-Z Online Resources page.
View apps available for:
You can't take all of us with you, but we certainly give you some choices for mobility. You will need a valid library card to access most of these resources and you will usually have to set-up an account before using the app.
Your EPL card can get you access to other libraries, and other library cards will get you some access to our great physical materials.*
Note: Borrowers from other libraries may only have one type of card with the Edmonton Public Library.
* ME Libraries and the TAL Card do not grant remote access to digital content. The license agreements for EPL digital content such as databases, ebooks, movies, music and learning tools are based on Edmonton residency.
What is Library Elf?
Library Elf is a free service for EPL customers that helps you keep track of what's due, overdue or ready for pick-up from multiple library accounts. Great for families with multiple library cards.
How does Library Elf help?
If you or your family has multiple library cards sometimes it's difficult to keep track of all the items from all your accounts that you have placed on hold or all the materials you have borrowed. Library Elf gives you:
- A consolidated list of all your or your family's library loans and holds
- Email and/or text alerts before any items are due
- Email and/or text alerts when any items on hold are ready for pick-up
Please note that Library Elf alerts do not replace the key email messages you may already receive from EPL, but are a good secondary, consolidated source.
Sign Up for Library Elf
All you need is your library card number, password and an email address.
EPL subscribes to Library Elf, so the premium service is FREE to all EPL customers.