Capital City Press Collection
The Edmonton Public Library is committed to supporting and promoting the work of local writers. The Capital City Press Collection, housed at the Stanley A. Milner Library, celebrates and showcases books written by authors residing in the Greater Edmonton Area and/or are members of the Treaty 6 First Nations within Alberta’s provincial boundaries.
The call for submissions will remain open all year. EPL will add new books to the collection, with purchases being made three times a year based on submission by the writers.
Capital City Press would like submissions for books in print format for audiences of all ages, to be considered for EPL’s Capital City Press Collection in the Stanley A. Milner Library, provided they meet the following criteria:
- The author resides in the Greater Edmonton Area; or is a member of the Treaty 6 First Nations within the provincial borders of Alberta; or is a member of a Metis Settlement within the provincial borders of Alberta; or the book is about the Greater Edmonton Area.
- The book meets basic formatting requirements (see submission form).
- The book was originally published in the past seven years, and is not already included in the Capital City Press Collection.
- The book fits EPL’s Collection Development Policy.
- The book does not contravene Canadian law.
- The book has a unique ISBN.
Capital City Press Collection - Links for Authors
Legal Deposit Program
Public Lending Right Program
While we're collecting submission for the Capital City Press Collection, check out some works by Edmonton authors.