Reading Rockstars Volunteer
Do you like to rock and love to interact with kids?
Share your love of reading and technology knowledge with elementary school-aged children by assisting EPL staff with Reading Rockstars, an after-school program delivered in select schools.
Reading Rockstars gives kids the opportunity to learn about the Edmonton Public Library, explore books and other library materials, and participate in fun literacy-building games and activities.
- Attend mandatory orientation / training session (the first session date listed)
- Help set up and tidy program room
- Prepare program materials like student folders and cutting paper
- Provide support at transition points, like passing out student folders and distributing materials and technology
- Clarify instructions and help participants follow instructions when required
- Ability to attend all sessions is required
- Must be able to make mandatory training session and all program sessions (2 hours a week for 7 weeks)
Orientation / Training
- Must attend a mandatory orientation/training session (first session date)
- Ongoing support and supervision at each Reading Rockstars session