- Abbott School (12045 - 34 Street).
Every Tuesdays from 3:15p.m. to 4:15p.m. Starting September 24 to November 19 (no session November 12).
- Banner Gardens (14865 - 56 Avenue)
Every Wednesday from 3:30p.m. to 5:00p.m. Starting October 9 to November 20 (no session November 13).
- Lee Ridge (440 Millbourne RD) Every Tuesday from 3:30p.m. to 5:00p.m. Starting October 1 to November 5.
Do you like to rock and love to interact with kids?
Share your love of reading and technology knowledge with elementary school-aged children by assisting EPL staff with Reading Rockstars, an after-school program delivered in select schools.
Reading Rockstars gives kids the opportunity to learn about EPL, explore books and other library materials and participate in fun literacy-building games and activities.
- Attend mandatory orientation/training session (the first session date listed).
- Help set up and tidy program room.
- Prepare program materials like student folders and cutting paper.
- Provide support at transition points, like passing out student folders and distributing materials and technology.
- Clarify instructions and help participants follow instructions when required.
- Clear Police Information Check.
- Experience interacting and assisting children and/or a desire to interact with and assist children.
- Strong English language skills.
- Knowledge of modern technology including computers and iPads.
- Must be available for all sessions.
- Increased awareness in program delivery.
- Learn new skills by interacting with school-aged children.
- Help children build literacy skills for life.
- Reading Rockstars volunteers must attend a mandatory orientation/training session (first session date).
- Ongoing support and supervision at each Reading Rockstars session.
Time and Length of Commitment
- Ability to attend all sessions is required.
- Must be able to make mandatory training session and all program sessions (2 hours a week for 7 weeks).