Homework Help Volunteer
Do you have a passion for sharing knowledge and helping students succeed in school? Consider volunteering for the Edmonton Public Library's Homework Help program.
- Assist high school and junior high school students with subject-specific homework questions and test preparation specific to Math.
- Work under the supervision of library staff and alongside other volunteers in a positive and collaborative work environment.
- Provide students with encouragement and support.
- In depth knowledge of junior high and high school Math.
- Fluent in both oral and written English.
- Excellent problem solving ability.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Over 18 years old.
- Familiarity with the Alberta curriculum.
- Previous teaching/tutoring experience is preferred.
- Experience working with teens.