Homework Help Volunteer
Do you have a passion for sharing knowledge and helping students succeed in school? Consider volunteering for the Edmonton Public Library's Homework Help program.
- Assist high school and junior high school students with subject-specific homework questions and test preparation specific to Math.
- Work under the supervision of library staff and alongside other volunteers in a positive and collaborative work environment.
- Provide students with encouragement and support.
- In depth knowledge of junior high and high school Math.
- Fluent in both oral and written English.
- Excellent problem solving ability.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Over 18 years old.
- Familiarity with the Alberta curriculum.
- Previous teaching/tutoring experience is preferred.
- Experience working with teens.
Orientation / Training
- Volunteers must be able to attend one of the training sessions provided:
- Wednesday April 22 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Whitemud Crossing Branch (145 Whitemud Crossing Shopping Centre, 4211 - 106 Street)
- Thursday April 23 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Londonderry Branch (Suite 166 Londonderry Mall, 137 Ave 66 St NW)