Home Service Volunteer
The Home Service Program at EPL responds to the needs of people who are temporarily or permanently unable to visit the library due to mobility or health concerns and have no alternate means of obtaining library materials.
Volunteers are the link between the library and home service customers.
- Ability to carry materials up to 20 lbs
- Ability to provide a vehicle to get library material to a client’s home
- Clear Police Information Check
- Must be 18+ years of age
- Must be able to empathize with the elderly and/or persons with reduced mobility
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Genuine interest in working with those with limited mobility and sharing the love of lifelong learning
- Ability to have a consistent day every month to make delivery, preferably during the week
- Access to a vehicle
Length of Commitment
- Commit to participate in the program for a minimum of one year
- On-going (no end date)
- Once every month on a set day and time to be determined by the volunteer and client
- Less than 1 hour each time
Orientation / Training
Volunteers must complete a mandatory orientation and training session prior to beginning volunteer activities as a home service volunteer.