- There are no opportunities at this time.
Be a donation support sidekick!
Use your superior judgement skills to sort through generously donated books, music and videos at your local EPL branch.
Edmontonians are generous. Help EPL process donated material at branch level. This role helps donated material quickly get to book sale headquarters.
- Sort through donated materials based on established acceptance criteria.
- Place materials in assigned categories.
- Properly discard/recycle materials that haven’t been accepted.
- Label materials and boxes.
- Package materials into boxes, label them and prepare them for shipping
- Physically able to bend down and lift boxes up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to read English and effectively label donated material.
- Able to work independently.
- Good judgement skills.
Type of Commitment
- Minimum 10 months commitment.
- On-going (no end date).
- Once every week or two weeks (dependent on branch requirements).
- 1-2 hours per shift (dependent on branch requirements).
- Although not required, it is preferred to have a consistent day and time you are available to volunteer for this role.
- Volunteers are given an orientation and training on site at their first shift.
- Make a difference in EPL fundraising endeavors.