Your EPL card can get you access to other libraries, and other library cards will get you some access to our great physical materials.*
Join ME Libraries and get access to almost all public libraries in Alberta. Register your library card today at melibraries.ca. It's simple, login with your home library card's barcode and PIN to join!
You can use your card at any of the ME participating libraries!
(Suggestions for the purchase of new library materials are available only to City of Edmonton Residents)
TAL (The Alberta Library) Card
We get it, even though we have millions items, sometimes you have needs we just can’t meet. This is why we’ll help you use your EPL card to get a free TAL (The Alberta Library Consortium) Card.
A TAL Card enables Albertans to walk into over 300 post-secondary, special government and public libraries across the province, borrow material, and return it to any participating library.
You must have a current card from your home library, which must be a member of The Alberta Library Consortium. You can apply for the TAL card at any library. TAL Card holders have the same walk-in privileges and are subject to the same rules as local members in any TAL member library.
- U of A students and faculty - access EPL free with U of A L-Pass
- MacEwan University students, staff and faculty - access EPL free with MacEwan L-Pass
- Concordia University of Edmonton students and faculty - access EPL free with Concordia L-Pass (does not work in IE8 or earlier)
- Norquest students - access EPL free with Norquest L-Pass
|Expiry||The same as the home library or one year, whichever is less||The same as the home library
or one year, whichever is less
|Interlibrary Loans||None (Check with your home library for these services)||None|
|Renewals||Yes, within policy limits||Yes, within policy limits|
|Holds||Yes (but holds must be picked up an EPL branch)||None|
|Returns||Material can be returned to any ME participating library||Material may be returned to any library that is a member of TAL|
|eBooks / Freegal / eAudiobooks||No access||No access|
Note: Borrowers from other libraries may only have one type of card with the Edmonton Public Library.
* The ME Card, and TAL Card do not grant remote access to digital content. The license agreements for EPL digital content such as databases, ebooks, movies, music, and learning tools are based on Edmonton residency.