Canada's next federal election is Monday, Oct. 21, 2019. There's a wide variety of election information available, so we've included a few of the most important resources to help you become a more informed voter. We need your help to ensure the candidates are committed to helping build great communities by supporting great libraries. Voice your support and share your love of EPL during the election.
General Election Information
What to Know Before Voting
- Ways to register to vote in the federal election [ website | PDF ]
- List of voter identification (ID) options [ website | PDF ]
- Note that the website has information in multiple languages
- Voting information for students [ website | PDF ]
- Voting assistance tools and services [ website | PDF ]
How to Vote
The role of public libraries is changing and demand for library services is increasing. The Edmonton Public Library continues to be one of Edmonton's most used and best loved services. Why?
Every day, thousands of Edmontonians directly benefit from a wide variety of library services. Here is what EPL customers enjoyed last year.
Public libraries provide an open, safe, fun and inclusive public space where everyone is welcome to learn, create, discover and grow. Learn more about why public libraries are integral to Alberta communities.
What can you do to support EPL? The short answer is: get involved!
For more details on how to help, check out this list:
- Ask: Find out if your candidate uses the Library. Inquire about what they will do to help support library services and meet the needs of library users.
- Advocate: When candidates come to your door, tell them you love EPL and they should too. Here's how you can spread the word.
- Attend: Participate in candidate forums in your electoral district. Voice your support for libraries and ask your candidates to support EPL too.
- Add: Highlight your love of EPL on social media by adding an “I (heart) EPL” graphic to your profile picture. Visit Twibbon to add it for FREE today.