Resume Prep & Job Applications Navigator
Support job seeking customers who would like assistance with their resumes, cover letters and/or job applications. With your specialized knowledge and experience, you will provide one-on-one support to job seeking customers trying to find work.
Are you new to volunteering with EPL? If you're interested in this role, click "Apply Now" to create your profile and submit your application.
Are you a current volunteer with EPL? If you're interested in this role, click "Current Volunteers" to contact the Volunteer Program Coordinator.
- Mill Woods Branch (2610 Hewes Way): Every Tuesday from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. starting March 3 until May 26
- Highlands Branch (6710 118 Avenue): Every Thursday from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. starting March 5 until May 28
- Woodcroft (Westmount) Branch ( 13420 114 Avenue): Every Thursday from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. starting March 5 until May 28
- Help create resumes and cover letters, which may require English interpretation and translation
- Provide resume and cover letter feedback, proofreading, editing and formatting assistance
- Assist with job application processes (e.g. creating profiles to apply through online recruitment tools)
- In-depth related experience in helping diverse populations with resume writing and completing job applications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent word processing skills
- Fluent in both oral and written English
- Fluency in languages other than English
- Excellent typing skills
- Experience working with diverse populations, including, but not exclusive to newcomers and English Language Learner customers
Time and Length of Commitment
- Two hours a week for eight weeks
Orientation / Training
Volunteers must be available to attend one of the below mandatory orientation/training session:
- Monday, February 24 at Mill Woods Branch, 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Thursday, February 27 at Woodcroft (Westmount) Branch, 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Make a difference in the lives of job seeking Edmontonians by supporting them in their search for employment. Many Edmontonians require this type of support as navigating online applications and employment systems can be challenging if they are newcomers or have been out of the job market for a number of years. Your support can be life changing.