- There are no opportunities at this time. Please check back in 2020 when this program runs again for application opportunities.
Support job seeking customers who would like assistance with their resumes, cover letters and/or job applications. With your specialized knowledge and experience, you will provide one-on-one support to job seeking customers trying to find work.
- Help create (and/or type) resumes and cover letters, which may require English interpretation and translation.
- Provide resume and cover letter feedback, proofreading, editing and formatting assistance.
- Assist with job application processes (e.g. creating profiles to apply through online recruitment tools).
- In-depth related experience in helping diverse populations with resume writing and completing job applications.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent word processing skills
- Fluent in both oral and written English.
- Fluency in languages other than English.
- Excellent typing skills.
- Experience working with diverse populations, including, but not exclusive to newcomers and English Language Learner customers.
Time and Length of Commitment
- Two hours a week for eight weeks.
- Volunteers must be available to attend the mandatory orientation/training session:
- Eligible for a reference letter after completing the volunteer term commitment.
- Share your knowledge and expertise to provide support to job seeking Edmontonians.