The Edmonton Public Library's English Language Learner’s Computer Program helps newcomers develop their technology/digital literacy skills. Volunteer interpreters assist in providing translation to participants to enhance their learning and understanding of the program.
Languages we are recruiting for are: Mandarin, Cantonese, Tagalog, Spanish, Hindi, Gujarati, Punjabi and Bengali.
- Fluent in both oral and written English and one of the following languages: Mandarin, Cantonese, Tagalog, Spanish, Hindi, Gujarati, Punjabi, Bengali.
- Knowledgeable in basic computer applications.
- Effective communications skills.
- Ability to demonstrate patience when working with participants.
- Ability to work effectively, independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Teaching in a group setting.