New Abbottsfield - Penny McKee Branch
Say hello to our new Abbottsfield – Penny McKee Branch now located at Riverview Crossing Mall #160, 3210 118 Avenue N.W.
With over 10,500 square feet, Edmontonians can enjoy bright and welcoming spaces including a makerspace, quiet and collaborative spaces, a community gallery and more!
Our new Abbottsfield - Penny McKee Branch offers:
- A beautiful and expanded children's space, which includes a large program room and new toys and interactives for children to play with
- A new and spacious reservable gaming space
- Bright seating and gathering spaces
- Two study spaces for individual and collaborative study
- A fun Makerspace to support STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics) learning activities and digital creative projects
- An exciting community art gallery space
- Public computers and printing, faxing and photocopying services
- 24-hour external item return
Walk into the new Abbottsfield - Penny McKee Branch and be amazed at the one-of-a-kind Indigenous art on the walls. You'll also want to check out the community gallery, with featured artist Gibril Bangura, who contributed three pieces to the display.
A piece by Maxine Noel
The Spirits Dance With Us by Jerry Whitehead
Community Gallery Featured Artist:
Fusion of Culture (top) and Dreams (bottom) by Gibril Bangura
Adaptation by Gibril Bangura
Grand Opening Celebration
Thursday, Oct. 22, we celebrated our new Abbottsfield - Penny McKee branch with a two-part celebration, starting with a live ceremony to officially open the new branch attended by CEO Pilar Martinez, Councillor Tony Caterina and special guests.
A virtual celebration continued the fun from home! Missed it? You can still check out a virtual tour of the branch, author storytime with Shelly Nelson reading from her picture book, My Ribbon Skirts, and Baby Laptime class with special guest, Hemi!