Get a Library Card - FOR FREE!
Getting your FREE library card is simple.
Just come down to any branch with ID in hand (and proof of address).
You can now sign up online and start experiencing some of the benefits of membership even sooner!
If you're under 18, bring your parent or guardian along to sign for you – they'll be legally responsible for what you borrow.
FREE (and fee) details
- Under 18 and Adults - FREE
- U of A students - free with a U of A L-Pass
- MacEwan University students, staff and faculty - free with a MacEwan L-Pass (works best in Firefox)
- Concordia University College students and faculty - free with a Concordia L-Pass (does not work in IE8 or earlier)
- Norquest students - free with a Norquest L-Pass
- Non-residents – membership fee + $60 non-resident fee
You may also borrow at EPL through a Reciprocal, TAL or ME Libraries.
If your card expires within 30 days you can renew online!
Remote access to our eBooks and other licensed databases is NOT available to Reciprocal, TAL, ME Libraries Corporate, Visitor and Non-resident cards.