Get a Library Card - FOR FREE!
Library cards are FREE from March 13, 2013 to March 13, 2014. It's our birthday gift to you, to celebrate 100 years of a great library in our great city.
Getting your FREE library card is simple. Just come down to any branch with ID in hand (and proof of address). It's that easy! If you already have a card that expires within 30 days you can renew online!
You can now sign up online and start experiencing some of the benefits of membership even sooner!
If you're under 18, bring your parent or guardian along to sign for you – they'll be legally responsible for what you borrow.
- Under 18 - free
- Adults FREE from March 13, 2013 to March 13, 2014 as we celebrate our centennial
- U of A students - free with an U of A L-pass
- MacEwan University students, staff and faculty - free with a MacEwan L-Pass (works best in Firefox)
- Concordia University College students and faculty - free with a Concordia L-Pass (does not work in IE8 or earlier).
- Norquest students - free with a Norquest L-Pass
- Non-residents – membership fee + $60 non-resident fee
You may also borrow at EPL through a Reciprocal, TAL or Me card.
Once you get your card, you can renew it online via My Settings.
Note: Regular memberships are available to Edmonton residents. Remote access to our licensed databases is NOT available to Reciprocal, TAL, Me, Corporate, Visitor and Non-resident cards.