Community Resources

Edmonton is a great city.... Here are a few places that you can get some general information about the city and to help you find your way around.

Thinking about moving to Edmonton? is a site that will help with information about moving and relocating to Edmonton. Once you arrive, if no one thinks of it for you, you can always see about an appointment with the  Welcome Wagon.

Already a resident of Edmonton? Dialing 311
( View Website) is a great way to connect with the City of Edmonton's call center. They are there to answer and/or direct your questions about city services. Similarly, dialing 211 (View Website) gives you a single access point to the health, human services, community resources, and government assistance. Otherwise, here is the  City of Edmonton's main page for residents. It has all those bits of information that the City of Edmonton looks after for us.

For Health information call  Health Link Alberta. In Edmonton Call: (780) 408-5465. You can also call toll free 1-866-408-5465 anywhere in Alberta.

*Health Link Alberta is a 24 hour a day, 7 day a week nurse telephone advice and health information service.Highly trained registered nurses will provide you with advice and information about health symptoms and concerns that you or a member of your family may be experiencing. Health Link can also help you find appropriate services and health information. *Descriptive text taken from Health Link Alberta site.

Hospital Emergency Services
The  Alberta Health Services website has a list of  24 hour Emergency Services in the Edmonton area.


Medical Clinic
To help you find a Medicentre near you,  here is a map of the Medicentres in Edmonton.

Bed Bug Information
For information about bed bugs in Edmonton see the City Bed Bug Guide. This is Edmonton's Guide to Preventing and Getting Rid of Bed Bugs Safely for Property Owners,Operators, Managers and Tenants.

Find a Doctor
To find a local doctor that is accepting new patients, use the physician search on the  College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta Website.

Find a Dentist
The Alberta Dental Association and College has a  Dentist Locator to help you find a local dentist.

Finding a Lawyer
The  Law Society of Alberta has a Lawyer Referral Service Ph: 1-800-661-1095 This service provides the names of lawyers who will give free half-hour consultations on legal issues.

Legal Aid
 Legal Aid Alberta. Legal Aid Alberta provides services that help Albertans get access to justice.  
The ' I Need Legal Help' page is an excellent place to start.

Student Legal Services
 Student Legal Services of Edmonton. This non-profit organization provides legal services to individuals who meet their low income guidelines.

Here are a few places that you can look to help you with your search for somewhere to live.

If you are looking to purchase a home here is a link to the Multiple Listing Service that can start you on you hunt for a home:

If you are just looking to rent a place in Edmonton here are a few of the more popular sites for finding rentals in the area:

Edmonton Transit
The  Edmonton Transit site has a Trip Planner to help you find your way around town.  It is also a link to each of the routes and their scheduled times.  Click here for System Maps.

Trail System
If rather you are in a mood to walk or ride, try the  City of Edmonton trail system. Here is  the page providing the city's cycling and walking trail maps.

Things to do has a great starting point for finding attractions in Edmonon.  Take a look at this page:  Things to do in Edmonton

Summertime in Edmonton is known for its festivals. will give you information regarding the upcoming and current festivals, as well they have a  Calendar to help you plan.

The  City of Edmonton's attractions page has a good list to introduce you to the varied attractions in this great city.

These are a few of the agencies that can help new Immigrants settle in the Edmonton Area.

Having trouble getting identification (ID)?  Here is a resource that can help you.

Click here for the City of Edmonton's Guide for Newcomers.

The City of Edmonton has a webpage of  Special Needs Resources.  As always, you can be connected to the City of Edmonton resources (such as the  Advisory Board on Services for Persons with Disabilities) by calling 311.  

What to do if you've lost your ID (PDF Format)
This is a brochure made up by the Edmonton Public Library to help in cases that ID is lost or stolen.

Click Here for another, more extensive, guide that can help you in getting your ID.

The Edmonton Public Library has created a page to help when assistance is required.  Please follow the link below to find various support services offered around the city. You can also call 211 to access the  Support Network in Edmonton.