- There are no opportunities at this time.
Languages we are recruiting for are: Mandarin, Cantonese, Arabic, French, Tagalog and Urdu.
The Edmonton Public Library’s English Language Learner’s Computer Program helps newcomers develop their technology/digital literacy skills.
Volunteer interpreters assist in providing translation to participants to enhance their learning and understanding of the program.
Help program participants to follow program instructions and activities by relaying instructions to participants in one of the following languages Mandarin, Cantonese, Arabic, Tagalog and Urdu.
- Fluent in both oral and written English and one of the following languages: Mandarin, Cantonese, Arabic, Tagalog and Urdu.
- Knowledgeable in basic computer applications.
- Effective communications skills.
- Ability to demonstrate patience when working with participants.
- Ability to work effectively, independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Teaching in a group setting.
Type of Commitment
- Must be able to attend all 12 weeks of the program, January 8 to March 26, 2019 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Enterprise Square branch only.
Benefits to the Volunteer
- Support English language learners in their computer learning process.
- Potential to obtain a reference.