EPL TechXperts have advanced knowledge and skills in digital media, creative software applications, or other modern technology. Most importantly, they have a passion for sharing their knowledge and skills with others.
They design and host dynamic, engaging community sessions/programs at the EPL Makerspace in their area(s) of expertise. Sessions can be for anyone from beginners to advanced users.
We’re looking for community members with expertise in such things as:
- Computer programming
- Music post-production
- 3D modelling software
- Photo or Video editing
Don't see your specailty on the list? We'd still love to hear from you.
- To promote lifelong learning and digital literacy/tech skills.
- To build a community of learners through knowledge sharing.
- To increase awareness of library resources, services and programs.
- Design and plan a session/program, or series of sessions, in consultation with an EPL staff member
- Deliver/host the stipulated session at the established date/time(s)
- Demonstrated specialized and advanced technical knowledge and experience in the subject area.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for sharing this knowledge and skills.
- Collaborative and creative problem solver.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Related education and/or professional qualifications.
- Experience with instruction/teaching.
Length of Commitment
Commitment varies based on the time it takes to design the session plus delivery of at least one session/program.
- Help strengthen Edmonton’s technology and creative communities by sharing your knowledge and skills with other members in the community in a unique venue.
- Participate in and help provide new opportunities for learning and development and new outlets for creative expression.
- Build powerful networks by meeting people with similar interests.