Everyone has a story to tell! EPL invites you to share your stories as part of our EPL Canada 150 Digital Storytelling Project, to help showcase the rich and diverse history and experience of Edmontonians.
Add your Video:
1. Record your story using any video recording device. You can make videos using your mobile device or a digital camera.
*If you have recorded audio only, you will need to add an image to your sound file and convert this to a video file in order for you to be able to upload your story to Vimeo. Please click here for instructions and a downloadable image on how to create a video from an audio recording.
2. Upload your video to Vimeo (you will need to create a free account). For detailed instructions on how to upload your video, download our EPL Canada 150 Quick Guide to Vimeo or check out Vimeo’s Help Center.
3. Enter the Title and Description (optional) of your video. Choose the language and content rating of your video.
4. Tag your video with: EPLCanada150
This is how we will search Vimeo and find videos to add to our channel and to our Edmonton Stories page on epl.ca. You may also tag your video with any other tags your like, however we won’t be able to find your video unless you include the EPLCanada150
5. Our staff will then add your video to the EPL Canada 150: Edmonton Stories Vimeo Channel. Please note, this could take up to 2 weeks.
Here are some settings to double check to make sure we can find your story and add it to our channel. Click on your video and go to “Edit Settings”. Click on "Privacy" and make sure you check the following three settings:
- Who can watch this video? Anyone
- Where can this video be embedded? Anywhere
- What can people do with this video? Add it to collections (albums, channels groups)
Preferred File Types and Resolution for Edmonton Stories:
File Type/Container: MPEG-4/
Frame Rate: 29.97 or 24 frames per second *Tip: Always choose “constant” frame rate instead of “variable” frame rate.
|Format||Resolution||Aspect Ratio||Bit Rate/ Data Rate (kbit/s)|
|Standard Definition (SD)||640 X 360||16:9||2,000-5,000|
|720p High Definition (HD)||1280 X 720||16:9||5,000-10,000|
|1080p High Definition (HD)||1920 X 1080||16:9||10,000-20,000|
|2K||2560 X 1440||16:9||20,000-30,000|
|4K||3840 X 2160||16:9||30,000-60,000|
File Type/Container: WAV or AIF/AIFF
Sample Rate: 48 or 96 khz
Bit Rate: 384 kbps
Bit Depth: 25 bit
For more detailed information about video specs, please see Vimeo’s Compression Guidelines.
Disclaimer: The information contained in the multimedia content posted represents the views of the original creators and does not necessarily represent the views or opinions of the Edmonton Public Library (EPL). The appearance of video content on epl.ca and on EPL’s Canada150: Edmonton Stories Vimeo channel does not constitute an endorsement by EPL. Video content has been made available for informational and educational purposes only. EPL does not make any representation or warranties with respect to the accuracy, applicability or completeness of video content. EPL disclaims any and all liability to any party for any direct, indirect, implied, punitive, special, incidental or other consequential damages arising directly or indirectly from any use of the video content or comments which is provided as is, and without warranties. EPL maintains the right to remove video content at any time if this content violates the Vimeo’s Vimeo’s Terms of Service and Content Restrictions. EPL will review and monitor video contributions to the best of our ability, however EPL is not responsible for the accuracy or appropriateness of video contributions or comments on videos.
This initiative is made possible by the Community Fund for Canada’s 150th, a collaboration between the Edmonton Community Foundation, the Government of Canada, and extraordinary leaders from coast to coast to coast.