Recruitment for 2018 has closed. Please check back in early 2019 for new opportunities.
Support job seeking customers who would like assistance with their resumes, cover letters and/or job applications. With your specialized knowledge and experience, you will provide one-on-one support to job seeking customers trying to find work.
- Help create (and/or type) resumes and cover letters, which may require English interpretation and translation.
- Provide resume and cover letter feedback, proofreading, editing and formatting assistance.
- Assist with job application processes (e.g. creating profiles to apply through online recruitment tools).
- In-depth related experience in helping diverse populations with resume writing and completing job applications.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent word processing skills
- Fluent in both oral and written English.
- Fluency in languages other than English.
- Excellent typing skills.
- Experience working with diverse populations, including, but not exclusive to newcomers and English Language Learner customers.
Time and Length of Commitment
- Two hours a week for eight weeks.
- Eligible for a reference letter after completing the volunteer term commitment.
- Share your knowledge and expertise to provide support to job seeking Edmontonians.