There are no opportunities at this time.
The Volunteer, Resume Prep and Job Applications Navigator, supports job seeking customers who would like assistance with resumes, cover letters and/or job applications. With your specialized knowledge and experience, you will provide one-on-one support to job seeking customers trying to find work.
- Help create (and/or type) resumes and cover letters, which may require English interpretation and translation.
- Provide resume and cover letter feedback, proofreading, editing and formatting assistance.
- Assist with job application processes (e.g. creating profiles to apply through on-line recruitment tools).
- In-depth related experience (e.g. recruitment, career planning, supporting clients with resume writing and job applications, etc.).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in both oral and written English.
- Fluency in languages other than English.
- Excellent typing skills.
- Experience working with diverse populations, including, but not exclusive to newcomers and English Language Learner clients.
Time and Length of Commitment
- Once a week at either Calder or Sprucewood Branch for the duration of the pilot program.
- Calder: Every Monday, from March 5 to April 30, 2018 (except for Monday, Apr. 2 for a branch closure), 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Sprucewood: Every Wednesday, from March 7 to April 25, 2018, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Must be able to attend training on Monday, Feb. 26: Mandatory volunteer training session from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Calder Branch.
- Eligible for a reference letter after completing the volunteer term commitment.
- Share your knowledge and expertise to provide support to job seeking Edmontonians.