How It Works
If you have a cell phone:
- When you arrive, call the phone number posted on the exterior of the branch. The phone number is the same as our branch contact numbers listed on hours and locations. Let staff know that you would like to pick up your holds and be prepared to share your library card number.
- When ready, your holds will be on a table in a bag with your name on it.
If you don't have a cell phone:
- Call the branch ahead of time to let us know when you will be arriving.
- When you arrive, hold up a piece of paper with your name at the door for staff to see.
Library Takeout Branches: Coming Tuesday, Jan. 26
Library Takeout Branches
Personal Picks Pack
Do you miss browsing our collection? We can help! Fill in our Personal Picks Pack form with a brief description of what you’re looking for and we'll select some items that match your interests. Available for pick up through our Library Takeout branches.
As of Sunday, Dec. 13, all EPL branches will be temporarily closed. Customers will be able to place holds online and pick them up using our Library Takeout contactless holds pickup service. Library Takeout is available at select EPL locations only.
If you have materials you would like to return at one of the open locations, use the outside 24-hour material return chutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQs - Borrowing
Renewing is easy:
- Online– Log in at EPL.ca and renew your materials in “My account” under “My EPL.”
- By phone– Grab a pen, paper, your borrowed materials, and call 496.7047 and follow the instructions.
- At a branch– Use one of the public catalogue terminals or speak to a staff member.
Most items can be borrowed for up to three weeks, except Hits-to-Go items (which are one-week borrowing). For example, books, magazines, CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays, videogames and interlibrary loans. Please return the items on time so we can share them with others.
If a library item is past 15 days overdue, a notice will be mailed or emailed to you. If a library item has not been returned after 30 days, you will be billed for the replacement cost.
If your fines reach a total of $10.00 or more or if you have 40 items or more overdue, you will not be able to borrow any more items, place holds or access eBooks, eAudiobooks or any other digital content.