EPL’s Mascot “Lynx” represents the library at community events. The Mascot's role includes interacting with the public in costume at these events. Mascots are always paired with a mascot handler.
- Greet public in costume and in character and represent EPL at community events throughout the year.
- Interact with “Lynx” fans.
- Enjoy being in public spaces and working with the public.
- Out-going and friendly.
- Physically fit and able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
Screening process for this role
- Potential volunteers are required to try on the mascot suit to assess fit and ability to wear the suit for extended periods of time.
- In person interview.
- Reference Checks.
- Police Information Check.
- Various, depending on event location.
- Expectations for volunteers are to be on their feet and walking around, interacting with the public.
Type of Commitment
Ongoing, event dates and time will vary.
Various, depending on event and weather conditions. Volunteers can expect a volunteer shift to last between 1-2 hours.
- Training with EPL Marketing and Communications team on the specifics of wearing the mascot uniform and rules related to being an effective mascot.
- Site specific orientation to each event will take place at each event.
- Introduce yourself to new people and experiences.
- Bring joy and fun to the community while having fun and contributing to your community.
- Develop new inter-personal, communication and leadership skills.