Services at the Library
EPL is so much more than books and buildings. So get to know us even better with a tour. Tours are free, customizable and right for everyone, of any age.
From public Wi-Fi workstations and Chromebooks to expert knowledge, amazing programs and epic events, our branches and staff are sources of something incredible for everyone.
Book a Tour
You can book a library tour online or simply contact your branch. We suggest booking your tour about four weeks in advance (and you can always call us and we’ll do our best to fit your schedule).
Have fun or get some work done. We're good with both.
All of our public computers offer:
- Internet and email access
- Word processing
- Microsoft Paint for image editing
- Printing, including web printing (access at http://print.epl.ca/)
In 2018, we rolled out a brand new computer experience!
The new system offers simplified printing, an updated and familiar desktop experience, Office 2016, Windows 10, cloud access and USB ports right on your monitor.
Access free Wi-Fi at EPL branches.
- Make sure your Wi-Fi-compatible device is on, and its wireless networking is enabled.
- Choose "EPL Free Wifi" as your network and launch your web browser.
- Read and agree to follow EPL's Public Internet Use Policy.
Book your public computer time up to a week in advance with your EPL library card number and PIN. Our computers are popular, so don’t be late! If you’re more than 10 minutes late, your session will be cancelled.
Borrow a Chromebook
Remember: You can use a Chromebook in EPL branches, but they can’t be removed from the premises.
- Book one Chromebook per EPL library card (Access EPL cardholders aren’t eligible to borrow Chromebooks).
- Customers are required to have a library card and photo ID to borrow a Chromebook.
- A $333.68 charge will be issued for a lost device.
iMacs include special software not found on regular computers. Programs include Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, Garageband and much more.
iMacs are available for drop in use at the following EPL branch locations:
The EPL Makerspace at Enterprise Square has four iMacs with even more software, including one in the sound booth.
Need a meeting room? We have plenty of options!
We’ve got a room for you and reserving online is easy. What you'll need:
- Your EPL card number and PIN
- Verify your email address once you book
- Refundable deposit
Rooms are available for booking 14-60 days from today.
If you need a hand, check out EPL's Room Booking Tool: Information Sheet - PDF.
|Meeting Room Rental Rates|
|Lois Hole, Mill Woods, Strathcona & Whitemud Crossing||All Other Branches|
|Not for Profit Rate - Half Day||$15||$15|
|Not for Profit Rate - Full Day||$30||$30|
|For Profit - Half Day||$250||$100|
|For Profit - Full Day||$450||$175|
|Theatre Rental Rates|
|Not for Profit Rate - Half Day||$35|
|Not for Profit Rate - Full Day||$70|
|For Profit Rate - Half Day||$350|
|For Profit Rate - Full Day||$700|