- Whitemud Crossing: Every Monday starting April 29 to June 17 (no session April 20) from 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Jasper Place: Every Tuesday starting April 30 to June 18 from 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Londonderry: Every Thursdays starting May 2 to June 20 from 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Do you have a passion for sharing knowledge and helping students succeed in school? EPL is looking for volunteers for our Homework Help for Teens program. We are seeking volunteers with expertise in Math at the junior high and high school levels.
- Assist high school and junior high school students with subject-specific homework questions and test preparation specific to Math.
- Work under the supervision of library staff and alongside other volunteers in a positive and collaborative work environment.
- Provide students with encouragement and support.
- In depth knowledge of junior high and high school Math.
- Fluent in both oral and written English.
- Excellent problem solving ability.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Over 18yrs old.
- Familiarity with the Alberta curriculum.
- Previous teaching/tutoring experience is preferred.
- Experience working with teens.
- Volunteers must be able to attend one of the following training sessions at Whitemud Crossing Library:
- Tuesday, April 23, 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 24, 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- The volunteer will be eligible for a reference after completing their volunteer term.
- This position will be providing invaluable support for junior high and high school students.