Food4Fines is back! For one day only, EPL will waive up to $25 in late fees in exchange for a food donation to Edmonton's Food Bank.
All you have to do is visit one of our 20 locations on Saturday, November 5th and drop off your non perishable food items with our staff to get up to $25 in late fees waived. It's that simple!
Please check out our FAQ for additional details.
We want you back!
EPL is a great place...don't let your existing late fees keep you from coming to the library. Bring in a non-perishable food donation to any EPL branch and start enjoying the library again. Here are just a few of the amazing things you can do here:
- Free, easy and convenient access to computer services.
- Over 14 million items in our physical and digital collections.
- Over 16,000 free programs and events available each year.
- Free research assistance.
- Unlimited Wi-Fi access.
- An hour of daily computer use for Internet or word processing and printing services.
- Access over 100 databases whether you're writing a research paper, fixing your car or filling your iPod with the latest tunes.
- Don't forget, library cards are still FREE!
Edmonton's Food Bank thanks you.
Did you know?
- Edmonton’s Food Bank serves almost 20,000 people per month through their hamper program.
- Over 500,000 meals and snacks are provided monthly.
- They provide food to 43 high risk schools for lunch & snack programs in Edmonton
- 40 per cent of the Food Bank's clients are children under the age of 18.
- The Food Bank works collaboratively with more than 230 agencies, churches and food depots throughout Edmonton.
- Edmonton’s Food Bank provides special festive meals through the community.
- Edmonton’s Food Bank Supports Edmonton’s bi-annual Homeless Connect.
- More than 2,000 events are coordinated each year in the community to support the Food Bank.
- In 2015, Edmonton’s Food Bank collected, sorted, re-packaged, and redistributed 3.5 million kilograms of food. The approximate value of this food is $19,250,000.
- The Food Bank is a United Way agency but does not receive any government funding.