We sent out a brief, fun survey about libraries to all of the nominees running in the 2017 Edmonton civic election to help you get to better know your candidates.
These are the answers that Chris Christianson from Ward 11 sent back to us.
1. What is your favourite library memory or experience?
Elementary school going to the library and getting to pick out a favorite book to read. Looking at all the knowledge in one place. Wow.
2. What is your favourite book, movie or song right now?
3. What magazines, newspapers, blogs, Twitter accounts and/or podcasts do you follow?
4. Which fictional character do you most relate to and why?
Marshal Matt Dillion, honest, direct and caring person.
5. What is one book you think everyone should read and why?
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey
6. What book is on your nightstand (or on your eReader or tablet) right now?
7. Election Day (October 16) is also Boss' Day. Who was your very first boss and what was your job? What was one important lesson you learned from them?
Neil McKinnon of LK Ranches, look after smaller feedlot. Check pens, doctor cattle as needed, monitor feed rations, gather and ship cattle when they were ready to go to Packing Plant.
Time is money and never be late. I was 14 years old at this time.
8. What role do you see EPL playing in a thriving and vibrant Edmonton?
I think it is an extremely important role, not only for the educational value, but a social gathering place in the community.
Excellent place for kids to read and be with their friends in a safe environment.