Children learn through play!
- Limit screen time (TV, computers) when possible—children have a lot of energy and need movement and interaction to be a part of their learning. Studies show that excessive television time negatively impacts language skills.
- Make a game out of naming objects you see in the house or on the street!
- Play silly rhyming games, make up your own songs and play I Spy!
- Playing with puzzles does more than help develop manual dexterity—it helps children be aware of different shapes, which is essential for learning letters!
- Make bathtime and diaper changing more fun and relaxing for babies by singing songs while you do it!