Computers & Wi-Fi
Have fun or get some work done. We're good with both.
For your convenience all public computer stations offer:
- Internet and email access
- Word Processing
- You can book your EPL computer time up to seven days in advance.
- An EPL library card number and PIN required.
Our computer resources are in high demand so please come on time.
If you're later than 10 minutes after your booked time, your session will be cancelled.
Early for your booked time? No problem. Go ahead and use any available computer. A message will appear stating that you already have a booking for the day that you'll need to delete. Don't worry – once you've done this, you'll immediately be able to login to the computer you're at.
Cancelling a booking
- Go to My Bookings
- Find the booking you want to cancel
- Click on the "Cancel Booking" button
Borrow a Chromebook
Chromebooks may be borrowed at any branch for use in-branch. Sorry, you can't take it home with you!
- One per Library card in good standing
- Access EPL card holders are not eligible to borrow Chromebooks
- A piece of photo ID that is kept at the desk until the item is returned
- No overdue fees but there is a $333.68 charge for a lost device
Wi-Fi at EPL
Our branches have always been Edmonton hotspots. Now we're wireless hotspots too.
If you have a Wi-Fi enabled laptop or other mobile device, you have free, unlimited access to wireless Internet at any EPL branch.
To get connected:
- Make sure your Wi-Fi-compatible device is on, and its wireless networking is enabled.
- Choose "Epl-Public-Wireless" as your wireless network.
- Launch your web browser.
- Read Edmonton Public Library's Internet Use Policy.
- Click on the "I agree to follow EPL's Internet Use Policy" button.
If you are having trouble getting connected, ask us and we will try to help. We will try to help you find common solutions to technical problems.
Public Internet Use Policy
Our Public Internet Use Policy applies to all users, including customers using a wireless connection. It is possible for staff to cut off a customer who is abusing his or her connection.
Compatible with IEEE 802.11 b/g compliant Wi-Fi devices