Gale Courses (formerly known as Learn4Life)
- Free online interactive instructor led courses.
- Sign up for for six week, instructor lead online courses - with a final exam.
- Courses start on the 3rd Wednesday of every month.
- Cardholders can now take unlimited courses throughout the year!
- You are "verified" after you visit both the week 1 and week 2 class of any course.
- If you don't complete lessons 1 and 2 of a course within 13 days of the start of the course, you are automatically dropped from the course.
- You will be emailed a "record of completion" of your course, after you pass the final exam.
Take a look at the large range of courses offered. You may find courses for personal interest or related to work or hobbies.
- Find a course you want
- Click on Enroll Now
- Choose a start date and create an account.
When prompted for Payment, simply enter your library card number.
You will only have to create an account for your first course, after that you will sign in as a returning student.
Courses are provided by an American provider of online courses.
Courses are offered in the following areas:
- Accounting and Finance
- Computer Applications
- Design and Composition
- Health Care and Medical
- Language and Arts
- Personal Development
- Teaching and Education
- Writing and Publishing
Here are some of the most popular courses
- Introduction to Microsoft Excel 2010
- Creating Web Pages
- Medical Terminology: A Word Association Approach
- Introduction to SQL
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel 2010
- Project Management Fundamentals
- Introduction to Java Programming
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Beginning Writer's Workshop
- Creating WordPress Websites
- Introduction to Microsoft Excel 2007
- Introduction to QuickBooks 2013
- Singapore Math: Number Sense and Computational Strategies
- Solving Classroom Discipline Problems
- Computer Skills for the Workplace
- Secrets of Better Photography
- Introduction to Microsoft Access 2010
- Introduction to CSS3 and HTML5
- Introduction to Microsoft Word 2010
- Effective Business Writing
- Creating Mobile Apps with HTML5
- Teaching Smarter With SMART Boards
- Administrative Assistant Fundamentals
- Singapore Math Strategies: Model Drawing for Grades 1-6
- Explore a Career as an Administrative Medical Assistant
Automatic Dropping of Courses
If you don't visit the week 2 class of a course within 13 days of the start of the course, you are automatically dropped from the course.
Staff Assistance in Dropping Courses
Please rely on the automatic dropping of the course whenever possible.
If it is essential that you get a course dropped in less than 13 days you can ask our staff for assistance.
That should only be necessary if you have reached your course maximum. Thanks.