Business and Investing
Confused about the world of business and finance? Not sure where to start learning about them? EPL has a wide variety of business resources, both print and electronic.
Check out Investopedia to learn basic business vocabulary and concepts.
- Information on companies - Check out Kompass Business, Product and Service Directory.
- Businesses in specific postal codes - Try Canadian Businesses (Dun & Bradstreet) or Scott’s Canadian Business Directory.
- Current articles - Have a look at Business Source Elite or Canadian News, Business and Current Affairs.
Click on the Databases tab on this page to explore more of our business databases.
Investor Education Centre:
EPL has two computers, located on the second floor of the Stanley A. Milner Library, which are dedicated to investment research. They give access to a number of useful investor subscription databases and websites, plus a selection of additional investment websites.
Can't find what you're looking for? Contact EPL!
These lists will connect you to the best books and websites our subject experts have put together.
- Banking, Finance and Taxation
- Business Law
- Business News and Media
- Company Information and Trade Directories (Canadian)
- Human Resources, Labour and Industrial Relations
- International Trade (Import and Export)
- Marketing and Advertising
- Money Management
- Real Estate, Housing and Relocation
- Small Business and Business Plans
The databases below contain journal articles, newspaper articles, reports, statistics, and information to guide your business research.
For general business news, try these databases first!
- Business Regional News - Comprehensive full text coverage of 75 business journals, newspapers, and newswires from all metropolitan and rual areas within the United States.
- Business Source Elite - Full text for 1333 business journals dating back to 1985.
- Canadian News, Business & Current Affairs - Index to over 700 current Canadian journals, newspapers, and other media.
Starting up your own business?
- Business Plan Handbooks - A great resource for a new business or expanding businesses.
For Industry, Company, and Product information:
- Canadian Businesses (Dun & Bradstreet)
- Kompass Business, Product, and Service Directory - Lists 23 million products and services in 53,000 categories.
- Scott's Canadian Business Directory - Scott's Directory is Canada's most complete source of manufacturers, manufactureres' sales offices, wholesalers, wholesale agents, and distributors.
- Valueline - Reliable and accurate information for investors; includes stock rankings, expert security analysis, and statistics.