Family Language Kits
Family Language Kits are designed to help newcomer families break down language and cultural barriers by promoting reading, language development and library use.
How do Family Language Kits help?
- Family Language Kits help families read together and learn to use libraries
- The kits are fun for parents and children to use together
- They help parents who are learning English
- Reading together helps prepare children for school
What's inside a Family Language Kit?
Each Family Language Kit contains a variety of print and non-print materials selected to encourage children and caregivers to learn English together. By providing dual-language (home language plus English) materials, we enable families to learn English together.
- 1 Teach Me English CD/Book Set
- 1 dual language picture dictionary
- 4 dual language picture books
- 2 puppets
What languages are available?
Family Language Kits are available in many languages. Click here to see what we have and to place a hold on a kit.
How long can I borrow a kit?
Family Language Kits may be borrowed for 3 weeks and they can be renewed. Holds may be placed on the kits and can be delivered to any Edmonton Public Library branch.