Strathcona - 1913

Click to go back to 90 Years of Photos

 

The Edmonton Public Library: An Architectural History of a Carnegie Library Building
Percy Johnson (1994 Thesis: Concordia University, Montreal)

1913 - March 13 - Strathcona Library (now Strathcona Branch of EPL) at 8331 - 104th Street, was opened to the public.

1984 - The Library Board undertook a joint project with the Old Strathcona Foundation to refurbish the Strathcona Branch, a historical site and the first library built in Edmonton (in 1913). Strathcona Branch closed for six months.

1985 - Strathcona Branch reopening celebrated with hundreds of citizens as well as elected representatives from the Alberta Government and City of Edmonton.

2006 - August 8 - After a year in a temporary location, Strathcona Branch once again reopens after a renovation and expansion project.


EPL Has Two Libraries

This Is Strathcona

Strathcona's Mens Reading Room

The Infamous Missing Statue

Strathcona's Staircase

The Missing Statue, Close Up

The New North East Side

The New West Side of Strathcona